Tuesday, February 24, 2015

MAMMA

Mother! nothing I do
Can repay your due!
You gave me every bit of you
You have nurtured me with your hand
With every drop of sweat and blood
Like the river would flood
And mold the land!
You have groomed me with your tears
And sheltered me from pain
Like a tree shades from sun and rain
And soothed my fears
Like the soft rustling leaves
In the cool breeze!
You cradled me as I napped
While the thunder clapped!
You gave me wings to my dreams
So I could fly and nestle in a cloud
And make you proud!
Yet the moist streams
In your eyes
Beckon me to come down to earth
To quench my thirst
Because heaven lies
Beneath the warm
Touch of your palms
That keep me warm
And away from harm
When you take me
Underneath your cool shade!
Take me in your arms
So, I can keep my head
Forever in your lap
Like a bed
Of sloping glade!

No comments:

Post a Comment