Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Rhythm of Rain



In the humid heat
No one is upbeat
Life is dripping away
In the sweat of the day
Wish-wish-wish
The summer would go away!
And then you feel
The change in the wind
Whizzing by my ear
Blowing out the sun's glow
And the light goes out simmering slow
As clouds come near
Whoosh-whoosh hush-hush!

And then you hear the thunder
And you wonder
At earth’s new beat
Drip drip-drip
Pit pat pit
The rhythm of rain!
Like a refrain!

Like the tick tock tick of a clock
Plip-plop-plip at the dock
My flip-flops begin to talk
My anklets jingle as I walk
Tip tap tip in the rhythm of dance
Waiting for a chance!
I can feel the air zip-zip in my hair
And the rain sprays drip-drip on my face
I can feel the chills under my skin
My  feet taps to rhythm within
 I can see the change in the wind chimes and windmills

The trees jig round to the sound
Leaves  move to the beat, spell bound
I can hear the sound of wheels
Skidding down the wet lane
Splashing of rain at the window pane
And the whip-whip of wind shields
Whipping the car screens!



No comments:

Post a Comment