Thursday, May 11, 2017

My Life

The summer of my life
Heat singes under my skin
Like the edge of a knife
The insatiable thirst turns worst
Endless days and seamless night
Times are always strife
Unable to find meaning of my life
I always feel like
Turning back to spring
The younger days of my life
When I had everything
I was groomed with
Tiny spells of rain showers
I was in full bloom
with little or no concern
The path laden with a soft carpet of flowers
Has gone too soon!
But there’s nothing but autumn
And the winters inevitable doom
A patch of darkness cloud my eye
When my hair will begin to grey
As the sky
My skin will wither
Like the petals and leaves
I stand listless like the leafless trees
Waiting to be free!
And when I have reached my prime
It will begin to snow
And I shall cease to be
In the snowy blanket of time
But life will continue to grow
Like a green carpet above me
What have I to learn?
What I yearn?

I do not know? Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment